Account Frequently Asked Questions
So, what exactly is a “SEACOAST ONLINE ACCOUNT”? Just what it sounds like – YOUR web-based connection to everything that’s going on at Seacoast Church. By providing a place to register for events, request information, update household information, and contribute financially, your SEACOAST ONLINE ACCOUNT will help you do online what’s needed to take your next step!
Q: What do I need to do?
If you haven’t already, you need to create a SEACOAST ONLINE ACCOUNT via the Seacoast Church website.
Q: Why do I need to give you my birth date?
Three reasons, really – none of them with any hidden agenda.
- Knowing the life stage you’re in helps us make sure you get the info that is helpful to you.
- This information adds another layer of security, since you are able to make financial transactions online. It decreases the ability for hackers to access your information.
- Certain events and classes are age restricted. The birth date prevents children from registering for adult events (and vice versa).
Q: What can I do after I create a SEACOAST ONLINE ACCOUNT?
We’ll keep it brief and give you the highlights here:
- Online registration for events, classes, and groups (24/7, whenever it’s convenient for you)
- Request information – which is automatically routed directly to an assigned staff person who is best suited to answer your questions
- Update your household information
- Secure online contributions and the ability to view your giving history online (You can give one-time gifts online or set up recurring contributions that happen automatically)
Q: Do I need a SEACOAST ONLINE ACCOUNT for each person in my family?
No. Your SEACOAST ONLINE ACCOUNT allows you to see each individual in your household, as well as add individuals as your family expands. You can sign-up mom and dad for the marriage conference, your teenage son for the youth retreat, the two youngest for VBS – all via one account.
Q: I just created an account and don’t see my spouse or children listed. What’s wrong?
When you create a new account, our staff here at Seacoast Church is notified and we go in and do a little housekeeping. Once we are finished, you will receive a confirmation email and you can then see your spouse, children, etc. listed. If you don’t want to wait for the confirmation email, you don’t have to. You just need to click “Add Individual” and manually enter their information and then register them for an event/group/etc. Once you receive your confirmation email, though, you won’t need to do that again. Confirmation emails are sent out within three days of creating an account.
Q: Do I need an account to register for an event?
Yes. In order to utilize what your SEACOAST ONLINE ACCOUNT has to offer, you will need to go through the one-time process of creating a User ID and password. From then on, you’ll be able to access your SEACOAST ONLINE ACCOUNT, add individuals to your household, and update information without having to sign-up again.
Q: Do I need to be logged in to register for an event?
Yes, but if you are NOT logged in and try to register, the system will recognize that, and will prompt you to log-in before proceeding with registration.
Q: Will I be bombarded or “spammed” with church mailings?
No, don’t worry. We hate that, too. We get that “your space” is not “our space.” The purpose of your SEACOAST ONLINE ACCOUNT is to make it easy for you to do online what’s necessary to take your next step. It’s not for us to capture your information so we can invade your space – just adding more noise and clutter to your life. We’re serious about that. If you decide to provide us an email address, you will only get information pertinent to you and your family (church E-Wave is a once a week or twice a week church update), and you can “unsubscribe” at any time!
Q: Isn’t it dangerous putting personal information online?
At many sites, yes. However, we’ve gone to great lengths to make your SEACOAST ONLINE ACCOUNT completely secure. Let’s clarify what you WON’T get when you create your SEACOAST ONLINE ACCOUNT:
- spammed, harassed, and profiled for marketing purposes
- sold to the highest bidder
- deluged with information you don’t want, don’t need, or didn’t ask for
- infiltrated by spyware or asked for money
- instant-messaged by random strangers
- emailed with cookie recipes, chain letters, or angel poems
Q: What else do I need to know?
Once you set-up your information the first time and receive your confirmation email, that’s it. You won’t have to enter it again. You can also have one User ID for your entire family, and sign-up each individual for events particular to them.
Q: What if I still have questions?
Understandable!! Feel free to contact us at email@example.com and we will respond to your question as soon as possible!